February 23, 2011

Man Cub

So here's the story of how it happened...

My "official" due date was February 13th. Which came... and went, as did the 14th and the 15th. (A little something about me: I'm the most impatient person ever.) I really REALLY wanted to hold out and go into labor on my own but I guess I didn't want it that bad because when my midwife called me and told me they could induce me in an hour, I jumped on it. I called Will and told him to hustle his buns on home and we grabbed our bags and checked in to Orem Community Hospital at 11:30am on February 16th.

They finally got me started on pitocin around 1pm. At 2:30 I had the midwife break my water and then when things were nice and painful (and after I got bumped because some lady just came in screaming in pain) around 3pm I got my epidural. After I got my epidural my blood pressure dropped pretty low and I was given a few doses of some medicine, that I can't remember the name of. It didn't seem to be working because my pressure would come back up, maybe for 3 minutes, and then plummet again. Because of this misfortune I got to wear one of those awesome oxygen masks, which I looked great in by the way. See for your self.


I spent a misserable hour or two like this. I remember looking at the clock at 7:21pm because my midwife was talking about how it was some meaningful time blah blah or something, I don't remember. Then they were telling me to push and then he was out and it was 7:28pm. Just like that, I think it was a total of four minutes of pushing. A personal record.

Now I am pleased to introduce to you, the first and only,

Augustus Champion King
7lbs 10oz 19.5in


We love him.











12 comments:

Lauren and Brian Phelps said...

Oh my goodness. He is an absolute cute one. Congratulations. We will have to introduce our little ones to eachother.

alyson said...

Kass... And Will... He is so precious. I need to see him so soon. Tomorrow? I'll call you. I love him!!!

Lauren Kay said...

Oh my gosh he is so adorable. But your family is so cute. Congratulations Kass. I can't believe you have three kids. I miss the days of late night sleepovers in Germany and Rocklin. We're growing up! Well, you are, I'm still stuck in weird post adolescence, adolescence called Young Single Adult... :)

Fern said...

Holy Canoli! His arm in that last picture is super hairy! hahahaha!
And I think you should take that picture of you in the mask and blow it up to 8x10 and frame it. Then hang it somewhere in your house so people will see it when they first come in. You look like an invalid welcoming people to your bedside for final farewells. Awesome. Every time I look at this picture I burst out laughing. I've clicked back 3x to look at it just writing this comment!

carla thorup said...

oh kass! how handsome is he?! super congrats to you and will and the girls. i put my book club hat on last week and was sad we haven't done that for far too long. hopefully soon!

also- i am going to the Ave Midwifery, but not using the same one as you suggested. Same building though!

birds do it better... said...

Congrats guys! You have the cutest kids ever! Keep posting pics!

Amy Lyne said...

Kassey! You have a beautiful family! I don't know why I didn't notice you were in Orem...we are just a few minutes away in Pleasant Grove!

chelsea b james said...

showstopper. That little nugget of yours is a beauty. are you kidding me with his little fur hat? amazing. i am missing you- when things chill out bit, let's play. I wish i was in town for your baby shower, it looked like so much fun! congrats girl!

Fern said...

I was just wondering.
Why does no one ever put up an "After Baby" belly pic? One where the mom is standing to the side with one hand on top of her belly and one underneath, showing off how stretched out her skin and uterus are?
I'm gonna do it.

mackenzie ray bryant said...

Sooo cute! He already looks like he belongs in your little family :) perfect. Good job!! And, may I just say, Augustus Champion King? Maybe the most awesome name ever. This kid is going to be amazing.

xoxo

Can't wait to meet him!

Kindsay and Erik said...

Kas!!!! Oh MY GOSH!!! He's is so cute!!!! I can't wait to meet this little man. I love him already! Thanks for posting your birth story. I LOVE you!!!!

amanda james said...

i can't wait to meet your little nugget! I want to come see you ( don't worry I'll wait a while)...he is so beautiful. you guys make such beautiful babies. Our boys are going to raise hell together